Monday, August 30, 2010

Ah My Goddess: Everyone Has Wings



Synopsis: One year after goddess Belldandy emerged from Keiichi Morisato's mirror and promised to stay with him forever, a new threat to their happiness emerges, one that could end the contract between Belldandy and Keiichi.

______________

If you are looking for a good in-depth review for this one, you will not find it here.  As with the first season of AMG, I did not jot down many notes, as I did not feel very compelled to.

Season two, also called Everyone Has Wings or Flights of Fancy, was improved when compared to season one, I will give it that.

The animation was smoother, and the art had more definition and detail.  The character designs were beautiful.

The plot was strange and often boring. Sadly, Belldandy and Keiichi do not seem to have made much progress in a year's time.  They are both so shy and naive that is almost nauseating at times.  At least there is more (and better) humor.

The theme music is much better for this season! I liked the opening theme; it was fitting for the series, yet still interesting.  The addition of bagpipes was beautiful.  The ending theme was much less annoying than in the first season, and in episode 12 the ending theme changes.  The second ending theme is definitely the best song I have heard in this series.

Yes, that is pretty much it.  I was not impressed.  My overall opinion is cute and sometimes interesting, but not as great as everyone makes it out to be.  Not even close.

I think I am going to rate this a 6 out of 10.

Originally I had planned to also review the OVA as well as Mini Goddess, but I think I will pass.  I might go back to them some day, or I may review them if someone is really interested.  However, I was pretty bored with this series.  Next up on my list is Ai Shite Night! Stay tuned! Next up will be Ai Yori Aoshi instead, since only episodes 1-3 of Aishite Night have been subtitled so far (out of 42).


Feel free to leave a comment with any thoughts, questions, or just telling me you read this.  You don't need an account to do so. 

0 comments: